Building/Planning & Zoning

All permits relating to construction are issued from this department (i.e. building permits, electrical permits, plumbing permits, mechanical permits, mobile home permits, low voltage electrical installation permits, sprinkler installation permits, etc.).  We also process  requests for matters relating to zoning issues, subdivision requests, special permission requests, variance requests, tree removal requests, nuisance abatement.
PULLING PERMITS: In order to pull a permit, all contractors must have an "Occupational Tax Certificate" in the state of Georgia.  Click here for Occupational Tax form.  In addition, contractors doing work that requires a state license must show proof of licensure before the permit will be issued.
See Forms and Applications section below for all building and zoning related permits.  For questions or more information, contact the Building Inspector at 248-2000 ext. 311. 
Click here for information about Building, Planning, Zoning, Permitting, & Inspection:  eGov Content
Pollock and MockJohn Mills
Keith Pollock, Trey Mock, and John Mills
  • City Budget Meeting Moved to Tuesday Sept. 12th at 8am
    Published: Monday, September 11, 2017
    The City of Bainbridge Budget Meeting, originally scheduled for tonight, has been moved to 8am on Tuesday morning in the City Hall Council Chambers.
  • All Non-Emergency City of Bainbridge Departments Will Be Closed on Monday, September 9
    Published: Saturday, September 09, 2017
    Bainbridge and Decatur County are preparing for what is promising to be a major storm, with damaging wind and power outages occurring Sunday night and all day on Monday. All non-emergency City of Bainbridge departments will be closed on Monday...
  • No Trash Collection on Monday Due to Storm
    Published: Saturday, September 09, 2017
    Due to the arrival of the storm on Sunday evening and the winds associated with the storm, there will be NO trash collection on Monday. We are asking that you please move your city issued trashcans off of the curb and place them in a secure lo...


Subscribe to this feed